August 14, 2019 IN: Press Room
Trump Administration Finalizes Harmful Policy Forcing Immigrants to Choose Between their Health and Immigration Status
1. Call your congressional representative to:
- Urge their support for Rep. Judy Chu’s No Federal Funds for Public Charge Act of 2019 (H.R. 3222), a policy that ensures that no federal funds will be used to implement the rule.
- Issue a press release speaking out against the recently finalized public charge policy.
2. Sign this petition to stop public charge.
3. Weigh in on social media – When proposed last year, this regulation drew more than 266,000 comments overwhelmingly in opposition, including the 600+ comments collected through SEARAC with your support. Continue to voice your opposition using this social media guide from the Protecting Immigrant Families campaign.
4. Share your story – If you or someone you know would potentially be harmed by this regulation, consider sharing your story with us by contacting SEARAC Director of National Policy Katrina Dizon-Mariategue at email@example.com.