Washington, DC – SEARAC denounces President Trump’s planned mass raids on immigrant communities. After an initial delay, the president plans to launch a series of raids across the country from Sunday, July 14, to Thursday, July 18. The cities affected include Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, and San Francisco. Though little information has been made public, leaks have indicated that ICE will be targeting individuals with a final order of removal and unaccompanied minors who have aged out.
Southeast Asian Americans who have been impacted by these or any other raids can utilize the resources below:
(415) 952-0413: a hotline for individuals seeking legal advice from attorneys across the country with experience serving SEAA individuals
- Searaids.org: a website with resources for individuals or family members seeking more information, including Know Your Rights cards in Vietnamese, Khmer, and Hmong
- ACLU: Additional Know Your Rights information from the ACLU, available in English and Spanish
- SEARAC Support Request Form: Individuals seeking more specific support can fill out this form. SEARAC staff will respond and help individuals connect with local advocacy organizations or find legal support for their cases.
Elaine Sanchez Wilson
(202) 601-2970 / email@example.com