The 2023 Affordable Care Act (ACA) healthcare marketplace open enrollment period is here. SEARAC encourages uninsured individuals and those seeking to renew or change their healthcare coverage to enroll as soon as you are able.
ACA enrollment ends on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023; individuals and families that enroll by Dec. 15, 2022 can expect their coverage to start on Jan. 1, 2023. For California residents, Covered California open enrollment runs from Nov. 1 to Jan. 31, 2023.
Residents of most states can enroll at healthcare.gov. If you live in one of the below states or territories, your state may have a different beginning and end date for open enrollment, and you should enroll through your state’s marketplace:
- California: Covered CA
- Colorado: Connect for Health Colorado
- District of Columbia: DC Health Link
- Idaho: Your Health Idaho
- Kentucky: Kynect
- Maryland: Maryland Health Connection
- Massachusetts: Massachusetts Health Connector
- Minnesota: MNSure
- Nevada: Nevada Health Link
- New Jersey: Get Covered New Jersey
- New Mexico: BeWellnm
- New York: New York State of Health
- Pennsylvania: Pennie
- Rhode Island: Health Source RI
- Vermont: Vermont Health Connect
- Washington: Washington Health Benefit Exchange
If you are concerned about the financial costs of coverage, you and your family may qualify for tax credits that can reduce insurance premiums. Healthcare.gov can give you an estimate of the financial support available to you and your family.
If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, you can visit the federal marketplace website or make a one-on-one appointment for free assistance.
You can reference this FAQ on SEARAC’s website for more information regarding ACA and Covered CA enrollment, including eligibility requirements and state enrollment deadlines.