May 24, 2021 IN: Community Calls
APAHM Virtual Celebration
On May 20, 2021, SEARAC and partners hosted a virtual celebration for Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (AANHPIHM or APAHM). Panelists for the event included:
- Ay Saechao (he/him), Southeast Asian American Education Coalition (SEAeD) and Student Support and Funding Services at Highline College
- Lisa lab Yang (she/her), Freedom Inc.
- Dr. Nhan Thanh Ngo (he/him), Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign, Mekong NYC, and Southeast Asian Defense Project
- Sarath Suong (he/him), Southeast Asian Freedom Network (SEAFN)
- Sun Bujri (she/her), SEAC Village
The panelists discussed their heritage, identity, advocacy, and meaningful solidarity practices for AAPINH communities and allies. View the recording of the event here.