- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
Support SEARAC's End of Year Match Campaign!
This holiday season, please consider SEARAC on your giving list!
Dee Xiong, Chanida Phaengdara Potter, Sophya Chum, and Callyann Y at LAT.
SEARAC receives the Love Award from PrYSM. Doua is pictured here with Suely Ngouy, Phitsamay Uy, and Minh Nguyen at PrYSM's anniversary gala.
Ensuring Our Healthy Future campaign training in Sacramento, CA.
SEARAC's Board of Directors has pledged to match all giving during the month of December, dollar for dollar, up to $3,000. This means that your donation of $25, $50, or $100 will really be $50, $100, or $200! Click here to donate today!
For the past 32 years, the Southeast Asia Resource Action Center has been the voice for Southeast Asian Americans nationally on issues such as immigration reform, education access, and health care reform. Additionally, SEARAC has developed and trained hundreds of Southeast Asian Americans to become advocates empowered to speak for themselves and their communities.
This year, with the help of committed advocates like you, SEARAC had many major accomplishments. Some highlights:
- SEARAC's advocacy was integral in getting California to enact key legislation calling for data collected by state agencies to be disaggregated by additional Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Other Pacific Islander ethnicities;
- For the 13th year, SEARAC hosted our annual Leadership and Advocacy Trainings. In 2011, SEARAC held a regional training in New Orleans and a national training in Washington, DC. Over 100 participants were empowered to advocate for themselves and their communities during these three-day trainings;
- SEARAC launched the Ensuring Our Healthy Future Campaign to ensure that community members have a seat at the decision-making table during implementation of the Affordable Care Act;
- SEARAC's letter to the editor debunking the model minority myth was published in the Washington Post;
- SEARAC and National CAPACD released the report, Untold Stories of the Foreclosure Crisis: Southeast Asian Americans in the Central Valley, which details the impact of the foreclosure crisis on Southeast Asian American communities; and
- SEARAC was recognized by not one, but four partner organizations this year! SEARAC accepted awards from the Providence Youth Student Movement (PrYSM), the Vietnamese American Young Leaders Association of New Orleans (VAYLA-NO), the National Korean American Service and Education Consortium (NAKASEC), and One Love Movement for championing the rights of refugees and immigrants and giving voice to Southeast Asian American communities!
Remember, SEARAC's Board of Directors has generously offered to match each contribution, dollar for dollar, up to $3,000. This means that your donation will actually double in value! Click here to donate today!
If you would prefer to pay by check, make the check payable to "SEARAC" and mail it to:
Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
1628 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Please know that any amount helps, and thank you for your kind support!