SEARAC Internship Application
SEARAC interns go the distance for us! 2012 summer interns at the Leadership and Advocacy Training.
Summer 2017 internship opportunities
SEARAC’s internship program allows interns to gain hands-on experience in:
- Policy, research, and legislative advocacy in the areas of education, immigration, health, or boys & men of color
- Analytical writing
- Working in collaboration with other groups and organizations
- Event planning and management
To qualify for an internship, the applicant must:
- Currently attend college/university or have recently graduated
- Have superior written and verbal communication skills
- Have knowledge of and interest in the Southeast Asian American community
Interns normally complete a minimum of 320 hours (32 hours a week over 10 weeks). The number of hours is negotiable depending on the intern's schoolwork load.
If they meet the minimum requirements, interns may be eligible to recieve a $1,000 stipend upon completion of the internship OR receive course credit, but not both. To receive the stipend, the intern must not be receiving funding from another source, such as a fellowship or another internship program. For more information, please contact the internship coordinator.
Please submit following materials via e-mail to Mari Quenemoen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A résumé
- A statement of interest
- A short writing sample (10 pages maximum)
- Contact information for at least one recommendation (a professor, employer, or mentor, etc.)
Please indicate which internship position you would prefer.
If no specific positions are listed, please indicate:
- Which policy areas (immigration, education, health, or boys & men of color) or functional areas (communications, administration) interest you most;
- What kinds of skills you would like to develop during your internship;
- Your availability; and
- Whether you would like to be considered for an internship at our Sacramento office or Washington, DC, office.
Summer term: March 1
Fall term: June 1
Spring term: October 1