- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
Publications and Materials
- SEARAC 2011 Annual Report - Listing of of SEARAC's funders, individual donors, and achievements in 2011. For a print-quality version, click here (higher resolution, 8.9 MB).
- Southeast Asian American Elders in California - Demographics and Service Priorities Revealed by the 2000 Census and a Survey of MAAs and FBOs.
- Aging Among Southeast Asian Americans in California: Assessing Strengths and Challenges, Strategizing for the Future - Report on the October 17, 2003 conference on assessing the needs and addressing the gaps in aging services for elderly Southeast Asian Californians.
- Encouraging Economic Empowerment: A Report on the Financial and Banking Capabilities of Southeast Asian American Communities in California - SEARAC conducted an online survey and discussion groups to produce research for this report which provides, for the first time ever, insight into the banking and financial capabilities of Cambodian, Laotian, Hmong, and Vietnamese Americans in California.
- Untold Stories of the Foreclosure Crisis: Southeast Asian Americans in the Central Valley - SEARAC partnered with the National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Development (CAPACD) to produce a report on the foreclosure crisis in the Central Valley and its effect on Cambodian, Lao, Hmong, and Vietnamese families in the region. The report uses data analysis, focus group dialogues with local community members, and interviews with public agencies and housing counseling organizations in the Central Valley to inform its findings and recommendations.
- The 2010 California State Budget: An Overview and Outlook - Part one of a series on the 2010 CA State Budget and its impact on Southeast Asian Americans.
- The 2010 California State Budget and Southeast Asian American Elders - Part two of a series on the 2010 CA State Budget and its impact on Southeast Asian Americans.
- The 2010 California State Budget and Southeast Asian American Students - Part three of a series on the 2010 CA State Budget and its impact on Southeast Asian Americans.
- The 2010 California State Budget and Southeast Asian American Working Families - Part four of a series on the 2010 CA State Budget and its impact on Southeast Asian Americans.
- Moving Beyond the “Asian” Check Box: Analyses of national opportunities and challenges for education data reform through data disaggregation that recognizes the unique identities of Asian American, Native Hawaiian & Pacific Islander communities - Published in 2013, this policy brief aims to demonstrate national demand for data disaggregation to make visible and address the academic achievement gaps that exist within AANHPI communities.
- "Facts, Not Fiction: Setting the Record Straight"
- Removing Refugees: U.S. Deportation Policy and the Cambodian American Community - Published in 2010, this report highlights the human rights impact of current US immigration policies through the lens of the Cambodian American community and is based on interviews conducted in Cambodia with individuals who have been deported.
- Sentenced Home Toolkit - SEARAC's toolkit that pairs with the documentary, "Sentenced Home," a film about Cambodian Americans facing orders of removal and the heartbreaking effect on their families. This toolkit is a resource that teaches about the history of deportation, contains frequently asked questions and talking points, as well as a section on what you can do to help stop deportations.
- FAQs About The U.S. and Vietnam Repatriation Agreement - A question and answer sheet on the U.S. and Vietnam Repatriation Agreement of 2008.
- Five Issues About Deportation and Detention You Should Know About - A fact sheet on deportation and detention and list of resources to find out more information.
- SEARAC Supports a Fair and Just Immigration System that Keeps Families Together - Statement presented by Doua Thor for SEARAC at a press conference calling for a moratorium on immigration deportations and raids (hosted by the No Separate Peace collaboration).
- Southeast Asian Americans At A Glance: Statistical Profile 2010 - SEARAC's latest Southeast Asian American Statistical Profile, which includes a compilation of findings and analysis on Southeast Asian American communities based on data from the 2010 American Community Survey. Updated October 2011.
- Southeast Asian Americans At A Glance - SEARAC's findings and analysis on Southeast Asian American communities based on the 2009 American Community Survey released by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Southeast Asian American Statistical Profile 2004 - SEARAC's findings and analysis on Southeast Asian American communities based on data from the 2000 Census.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Choosing the Right Structure for a Community Organization: A Tool Kit for Refugee Community Leaders - This SEARAC and Mosaica publication provides an overview of different organizational models or structures and the requirements of each model; reference materials, checklists, helpful hints, and sample forms for developing each model; and examples, based on the real life experiences of organizations around the country that share lessons learned about what has worked and what hasn’t.
- Standing Up and Speaking Out for Refugees: A Tool Kit for Refugee Community Leaders - This SEARAC and Mosaica publication provides an introduction to key steps, questions, and helpful hints for advocating for the rights of high quality services to refugees, including how to be an effective advocate and how to negotiate with other organizations to ensure they meet your community’s needs; an overview of the most important legal rights of refugees in the U.S., as well as laws and standards related to access to services and the quality of services; an overview of how the human service system works, including what services are available in most communities, how they are funded, and how they are administered; and tools for planning and carrying out advocacy efforts and examples of what refugee leaders and organizations around the country have done to improve services to their communities.