- Who We Are
- What We Do
- What's New
- Community Engagement
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Policy and Advocacy
- SEARAC Snapshot
- Get Involved
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
Employment and Internship Opportunities
AmeriCorps California VISTA Member: Community Coordinator
SEARAC’s California AmeriCorps VISTA member will focus on two key objectives that engages the Southeast Asian American (SEAA) community: 1) To improve health outcomes through raising awareness the availability of health care services, and expand the numbers of people with health insurance coverage; and 2) to strengthen the capacity of SEARAC’s community-based partners to provide anti-poverty programs through training of their staff and community volunteers.
Location of Position: SEARAC’s Sacramento, CA office
Start Date: July 12, 2014
Service Term: July 12, 2014 – July 11, 2015
Application Deadline: May 23, 2014
- Create health related educational materials for dissemination
- Conduct assessment of SEAAs enrollment experience in the new health coverage plans.
- Work with SEARAC's community-based organization partners to evaluate Covered California outreach and education efforts to SEAA communities and the quality and effectiveness of printed in language materials.
- Host educational and outreach events around health coverage.
- Develop train the trainers curriculum and materials.
- Conduct training staff of CBOs and community members on new health materials and communication strategies to personalize outreach materials to target communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Southeast Asian American communities
- Undergraduate degree
Compensation: See Frequently Asked Questions About AmeriCorps VISTA
Application Procedure: You will need to apply through the My AmeriCorps Portal for this position. This link takes you to the SEARAC posting on the portal. To apply, scroll down and click on “Apply Now!” You will be guided to create a user account before you can apply. Your application must be submitted by May 23, 2014. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
SEARAC is accepting applications for Fall 2014 internships in our DC and California offices. Apply to the SEARAC internship program online here. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. For more information about SEARAC's internship program, please contact Phuong Do at firstname.lastname@example.org